Irwindale is unique to Los Angeles County in how much developable land it has and in the opportunity for more developable land in the future. Its central location in the Los Angeles metro area offers an excellent opportunity for development of logistics-related land uses, which require large amounts of land and access to large consumer markets.
The City of Irwindale is ripe for growth, especially for new and expanding businesses. The square footage of industrial space in the City has increased by eight percent since 2008, compared to less than two percent growth in San Gabriel Valley and Los Angeles County. Despite this large amount of new development, there is room for further development on existing vacant land and mining pits that will be reclaimed. This and other data point to Irwindale being a city of plentiful opportunity for businesses. The City is resolved to act and invite businesses to seize on this opportunity for expansion in Irwindale.
Business Tools/Resources/ Partners
The City of Irwindale is committed to providing your business with all the tools and resources necessary for success. We understand many great strides have already been made in economic development by other local agencies and organizations. The City has partnered strategically with other groups and organizations as part of our efforts to unite the area’s wealth of resources with local and regional stakeholders, stimulate growth from the inside, and pursue high-growth prospects.
The following list of resources are designed to help you understand how to successfully start, and grow your business in Irwindale. Click on the links below to find out more.
- City of Irwindale Business Assistance - We offer programs uniquely designed to assist businesses with establishing or relocating to Irwindale.
- Irwindale Chamber of Commerce - It is the mission of the Irwindale Chamber of Commerce to BUILD solid relationships and provide quality services which SUPPORT chamber members and businesses, in order to DRIVE the economic vitality of our community.
- San Gabriel Valley Economic Partnership - Advances the economic vitality and quality of life of the San Gabriel Valley by fostering a business-friendly climate and the success of businesses, engaging in political advocacy, marketing the strengths of the San Gabriel Valley, facilitating workforce development, and connecting cities, companies and organizations.
- Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation - LAEDC works with leaders of industry, education and economy to see trends early and put its energies where it can make a difference. LAEDC is a leader and collaborator, supporting and organizing targeted solutions by mobilizing the diverse resources in communities across the County.
- East San Gabriel Valley SCORE - An all volunteer organization with the goal to help individuals start or manage a profitable small business through mentorships.
- The University of La Verne Small Business Development Center - The SBDC is dedicated to promoting economic growth in the community. The SBDC provides confidential, no cost one-on-one business consulting to assist with business startups, growth, loans, marketing, government contracting, technology, and more.
- Small Business Administration - The U.S. Small Business Administration has delivered millions of loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions, and other forms of assistance to small businesses.
- Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development – State’s contact for economic development and job creation efforts: The Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) was created by Governor Brown to serve as the State’s leader for job growth and economic development efforts.
- Southern California Edison Economic Development Services - The team of Economic Development Consultants provide one-on-one, specialized consulting service at no cost to you. After assessing your unique business issues, you will receive a proposed package of available incentives, tools and programs to reduce you operating costs and help make your business more competitive.
Please contact if you’re looking to expand your business, your current lease is expiring, you’re planning a move to Southern California, or have considered leaving California.
The City offers a rare abundance of land, especially when incorporating former mining sites and sites that will become available after their mines close, within the core of the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area market. This presents an irresistible attraction for industrial and commercial uses, especially last-mile distribution, which is needed more than ever with the proliferation of e-commerce.
Irwindale has everything a business needs to thrive and grow. It offers quality business parks, competitive lease rates, business assistance programs, and an array of recreational and community amenities for a high quality life. These great amenities and our commitment to being proactive business partner makes Irwindalde the best choice to call your business home.
Click on the links below to view available commercial space and marketing resources for commercial brokers.
Marketing & Events
The City of Irwinale is committed to promoting the its businesses through marketing campaign efforts and coordinated events in benefit of the businesses. Please check back periodically for upcoming events.